Open Letter by Kachin State Peoples’ Strike Committees
Date. 23rd April, 2021
On 1st February, Min Aung Hlaing and a group of his associates unjustly seized the country, the Republic of the Union of Myanmar by using force of arms. We are sending this open letter because of the sufferings of the millions of people inside country after brutal inhumane killings of more than 730 people who were protesting peacefully against the coup by the State Administrative Council.
We, the Kachin State Peoples’ Strike Committees, we strongly condemn the invitation of coup leader Min Aung Hlaing to the ASEAN Summit on Burma to be held on 24 April at the ASEAN Secretariat in Jakarta.
We urge the leaders of the ASEAN Member States to:
- ASEAN leaders must strongly condemn the coup d’état leader Min Aung Hlaing and members of the military council, the main perpetrators of war crimes and crimes against humanity and genocide.
- ASEAN Member States must recognize the NUG National Unity Government, supported by the people of the Union of Myanmar.
- ASEAN to stand with and fight with the peoples of Myanmar for the immediate eradication of genocides and war crimes committed as such disgusting manners in order to maintain in power by a group of people
Signed by Kachin State Peoples’ Strike Committees
- Kachin State Public Demonstration Movement
- General Strike- Myitkyina
- Kachin State Civillian Movement
- PotaOo Youth Strike
- Strike Committee (Bamaw)
- Strike Committee(Hpakan)