The Republic of the Union of Myanmar
National Unity Government
11 April 2023
Press Release relating to terrorist military council’s air raid on Pazigyi Village, Malai Ward, Kantbalu Township, Kantbalu in Sagaing Region, Myanmar (Burma)
1. At 07:45 am on 11th April 2023, Myanmar military council intentionally performed an atrocious, indiscriminate air raid on a gathering of villagers in Pazigyi Village, Malai Ward, Kantbalu Township, Kantbalu District, Sagaing Region, Myanmar.
2. The terrorist military council first bombed with jet fighters followed by numerous air raid runs by MI-35 and helicopters killing, inuring, and maiming a large number of innocent villagers.
3. An initial report has confirmed that more than 100 innocent villagers that 18 children together with expectant women were killed in this atrocity. We will update the data as we get more confirmed reports.
4. From the time the National Unity Government received the news of the barbarity, the NUG has been
- collating, confirming, and authenticating reports from the site
- offering assistance, and aid in cooperation with local civil organisations making funeral arrangements, etc.
- ensuring that medical teams from the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Defence were caring for the wounded and all that needed medical care
- informing the diplomatic community and international community.
5. The National Unity Government makes a solemn pledge to take actions on the terrorist military council for its mass murder of innocent citizens, crimes against humanity, and war crimes against the citizens and see that justice is served.