Notice to recognize the government of President U Win Myint as the only legitimate government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar and to engage the Committee Representing the Pyidaungsu Hluttaw
Subject: Notice to recognize the government of President U Win Myint as the only legitimate government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar and to engage the Committee Representing the Pyidaungsu Hluttaw
On February 1, 2021, as the elected Hluttaw Representatives were preparing to convene the Third Session of Parliament, Commander-in-Chief Senior General Min Aung Hlaing unjustly seized powers of the state in a coup, in contravention of not only the 2008 Constitution but breaking various other laws as well.
President U Win Myint, State Counsellor Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, government leaders, and the Speakers of Parliament were illegally and unjustly arrested. In response, on February 5, 2021, 298 Hluttaw Representatives convened an emergency meeting and unanimously agreed to establish the Committee Representing the Pyidaungsu Hluttaw (CRPH) in order to ensure the work of the Pyidaungsu Hluttaw would carry on.
As such, all nations with official diplomatic relations with the Republic of the Union of Myanmar as well as international organizations must hereby:
- Conduct any bilateral diplomatic relations and communications only with President U Win Myint, elected by the will of the people and the only legitimate President of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar, and the government under his leadership.
- Neither communicate or cooperate with the illegitimate state administration and all other organizations that are being set up by military coup leaders.
- Assist in ensuring the immediate release of all political leaders and activists unjustly and illegally detained by the military coup leaders.
- Fully support by all means the immediate implementation of the results of the 2020 election.
- For the United Nations, the International Parliamentary Union (IPU), the ASEAN Inter-Parliamentary Assembly (AIPA), other international parliamentary bodies, and the diplomatic corps, they must hereby legally communicate with only the Committee Representing the Pyidaungsu Hluttaw.
The Committee Representing Pyidaungsu Hluttaw(2021)