Media Advisory: Launch of the Briefing Paper “Grassroots Democracy: Analysis of the Ward or Village Tract Administration Law”
The nationwide election of ward and village tract administrators, which took place earlier this year in 2018, was the first nationwide election under the National League for Democracy-led government since amendments to the Ward or Village Tract Administration Law were passed in 2016. While improvements have been made to the Law, much more is needed to further develop democracy, active citizenship and participatory local governance under an institutional structure and process that allows all citizens to exercise their basic democratic rights.
Action Committee for Democracy Development and Progressive Voice will release a briefing paper based on analysis and recommendations proposed by various civil society initiatives, outlines the community’s concerns, perspectives, and recommendations on local democracy, community representation and participation with regard to the Ward or Village Tract Administration Law.
What: Launch of the Briefing paper “Grassroots Democracy: Analysis of the Ward or Village Tract Administration Law”
Where: Orchid Hotel Yangon
When: 13 May 2018; 3 – 5 PM (Yangon Time)
* English language is limited for this event as interpreters will not be provided.
1. Ye Min Naung, Overall Coordinator, Action Committee for Democracy Development
2. Thinzar Shunlei Yi, Advocacy Director, Action Committee for Democracy Development
3. Aung Khaing Min, Executive Director, Progressive Voice
For more information, please contact:
- Thinzar Shunlei Yi, Advocacy Director, ACDD, +95 (0) 9 795574775, email@example.com (Burmese/ English)
Download this Media advisory in English HERE.
မီဒီယာဖိတ္ၾကားလႊာ ျမန္မာဘာသာကုိ ဤေနရာတြင္ ရယူႏုိင္သည္။